The MSI GeForce RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio 16GB features a 16GB GDDR6X 256-bit memory interface, 22.4Gb/s memory speed, PCI-E 4.0, 1 x HDMI 2.1, 3 x DisplayPort 1.4a, OpenGL 4.6 and DirectX 12 Ultimate support and Mystic Light RGB lighting.
Gaming in Style
- Play with style! GAMING is upgraded with TRI FROZR 3 to sustain intense performance during gaming and content creation.
- A high-speed style matches high-performance capabilities for gamers who want to go all out.
The Ultimate Platform for Gamers and Creators
Powered by GeForce RTX 40 Series
- New Streaming Multiprocessors – Up to 2x performance and power efficiency
- Fourth-Gen Tensor Cores – Up to 2x AI performance
- Third-Gen RT Cores – Up to 2x ray tracing performance
- Cutting-Edge GPUs – NVIDIA Ada Lovelace architecture
- Realistic and Immersive Graphics – Dedicated Ray Tracing Cores
- AI-Accelerated Performance – NVIDIA DLSS 3
- Game-Winning Responsiveness – NVIDIA Reflex low-latency platform
- Built for Live Streaming – NVIDIA Encoder
- AI-Enhanced Voice and Video – NVIDIA Broadcast app
- Fast-Track Your Creativity – NVIDIA Studio
- Performance and Reliability – Game Ready and Studio Drivers
Strength and Artistry
MSI envisioned the GAMING series as the favoured graphic cards solution for all sorts of gamers, including adventure seekers, esport competitors, livestream broadcasters, and more. GAMING reflects both the spirit of gamers and the intense performance within the cards with a styled exterior that erupts with colourful lights between bold lines and edges.
Tri Frozr 3 Thermal Design
Stay cool and quiet. MSI’s TRI FROZR 3 thermal design enhances heat dissipation all around the graphics card.
Torx Fan 5.0
- TORX FAN 5.0 is a culmination of fan design improvements to increase the air pressure and flow into the heatsink. Ring arcs link three sets of fan blades that tilt 22 degrees together to maintain high-pressure airflow even at slower rotational speeds. The resulting increased airflow is +23% compared to an axial fan.
- A fan cowl extends a bit beyond the general enclosure to lengthen the wind’s passageway, allowing airflow to stabilize and move smoother through the fans. Bulging notches under the cowl help to reduce recirculation, thus further improving airflow stability and reducing some noise.
Facing the Heat Head-On
Heat from the GPU and memory modules is immediately captured by a solid nickel-plated copper baseplate and then rapidly transferred to an array of heat pipes. This widening of the thermal transfer systems with highly efficient mechanisms improves overall efficiency.
Keeping the Core Cool
Core Pipes are precision-crafted to make maximum use of the available space. A squared section of heat pipes fully touch the GPU baseplate and spread the heat along the full length of the heatsink.
Airflow Control improves airflow dynamics through the Wave Curved 2.0, updated deflectors, and Air Antegrade fin design for optimizing the balance between cooling and quieter acoustics.
Air Antegrade Fin
Fins with a V-shaped cutout are located at the airflow passthrough to improve flow efficiency. Optimizing the inclination angle and increasing the wave notch shapes the air resistance towards the centre, pushing out warm air faster like a nozzle.
Don’t Sweat the Details
Thermal pads under the sturdy metal backplate provide additional cooling while the flow-through ventilation reduces trapped heat
Double Ball Bearing
Two sets of durable ball bearings spin the TORX FANS for years of intense and lengthy gaming sessions.
- The fans completely stop when temperatures are relatively low, eliminating all noise when active cooling is not needed.
- The fans will automatically start spinning again when the heat is on during gaming.
Hardening Every Detail
High-Efficiency Carbonyl Inductors (HCI)
Manufacturing and material improvements to our choke parts have culminated as High-Efficiency Carbonyl Inductors (HCI.) One-piece moulding allows this design to operate with less choke noise and better electrical filtering.
DrMOS power stage solutions provide great efficiency with low power loss and enhanced voltage controls.
A die-cast anti-bending plate reinforces the whole card while thermal pads allow cooling to reach critical component underneath.
Your Support Character
A bundled support bracket can be attached to your PC case for additional graphics card reinforcement.
Bringing It All Together
MSI’s exclusive MSI Center software helps you get the most out of your MSI products. Monitor, tweak, and optimize in real-time with just a few clicks.
Precision Controls, Unlimited Power
MSI Afterburner is the most recognized and widely used graphics card overclocking software in the world. Take full control of the graphics card while monitoring key system metrics in real-time. It’s free to use and compatible with most other vendor graphics cards.
OC Scanner is an automated function that will find the highest stable overclock settings for your graphics card. Giving you a free performance boost for a smooth in-game experience thanks to higher FPS.
The Ada architecture unleashes the full glory of ray tracing, which simulates how light behaves in the real world. With the power of RTX 40 Series and third-gen RT Cores, you can experience incredibly detailed virtual worlds like never before.
- RTX Off
- RTX On
The Performance Multiplier, Powered by AI.
DLSS is a revolutionary breakthrough in A-powered graphics that massively boosts performance. Powered by the new fourth-gen Tensor Cores and Optical Flow Accelerator on GeForce RTX 40 Series GPUs, DLSS 3 uses AI to create additional high-quality frames.
Victory Measured in Milliseconds.
NVIDIA Reflex and GeForce RTX 40 Series GPUs deliver the lowest latency and best responsiveness for the ultimate competitive advantage. Built to optimize and measure system latency, Reflex provides faster target acquisition, quicker reaction times, and the best aim precision for competitive games.
|GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GAMING X TRIO
|Graphics Processing Unit
|NVIDIA® GeForce RTX® 4080 16 GB
|PCI Express® Gen 4
|16 GB GDDR6X
|DisplayPort x 3 (v1.4a) HDMI™ x 1 (Supports 4K@120 Hz HDR, 8K@60 Hz HDR, and Variable Refresh Rate as specified in HDMI 2.1a)
|16-pin x 1
|850 W (Min.750 W)
|Card Dimension (mm)
|337 x 140 x 67 mm
|Weight (Card / Package)
|1876 g / 2816 g
|DirectX Version Support
|OpenGL Version Support
|Digital Maximum Resolution
|7680 x 4320